Monday, August 18, 2014

First Day of School: Done!

I was a little nervous last night coming into this morning. I made sure to get enough rest by sleeping early. This inevitably lead to waking up in the middle of the night to scratch lingering mosquito bites or some new ones, I can't tell from my irrational neuroticism of mosquitoes, but that's for a different blog entry. Anyway, even with a good amount of rest, I still managed to hit the snooze button twice. I'm always paranoid about the snooze button and what happens if it were to never go off again, leaving me late for work. Thankfully, work is only a 5 minute walk away from my apartment, if that.

The day started off with some flashes of lightning and rumbling of thunder with a nice little dose of rain. That didn't detract me from putting on my suit and bow tie to dress for success. I started with my fifth grade music class, then a little time to prepare for the afternoon with 4th grade, a new music appreciation class, orchestra, and an assembly. Walking back home, I collapsed straightaway into my bed for a nap to revive, though I'm afraid that might leave me awake longer tonight than I'd want.

Tomorrow starts day two and I'm still shaking off a little bit of the dread seeing that most of my students are very well-mannered and know a good amount of music. That makes my life a bit easier, but at the same time has to give me more things to find for them to learn.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear the students are well-mannered ;) Looking forward to hearing more about your new job, my friend!

    - Becky

    ReplyDelete