Friday, August 15, 2014

One Down, Something-Something to go.

Allow me to introduce myself, I'm Ryne. I'm no stranger to the blogging world, though I've taken quite the hiatus from documenting my thoughts, photos, and general ramblings to the internet thanks to *certain* social media conglomerates. I meant to start this a year ago when I was living near the gigantic Chinese city of Guangzhou (population 14 million). Perhaps I'll throw in some of my travels from there onto here in due time. Anyway, I've gone from Guangzhou to, what I've recently discovered is its sister city Gwangju in South Korea.

From this Facebook screenshot of the Places sections, you can see the numerous places I've either lived or visited. In the order of places lived it's San Diego, California to Adak, Alaska to Agana, Guam to Bremerton, Washington, to Yokosuka, Japan to Fresno, California to Guangzhou, China and finally to where I am in Gwangju, South Korea. Sprinkle in visits to Hong Kong, Kunming, New Orleans, Boise, Vancouver, Hiroshima, Manila, Seattle and it's not too shabby of a travel resume. Though, I have yet to visit anywhere outside the Pacific Rim. That will soon change now that I've met some amazing colleagues that have lived in Colombia, Turkey, South Africa, Toronto, and various parts of England.

Interests include food, both cooking and devouring, sports, gaming in any sense of the medium, music (seeing as I am a teacher in the field), cinema, television, and crossword puzzle solving and puzzle construction (I ran a puzzle blog for a time as well). So, you may see some of these more mundane items among the exotic things you probably came here for... I mean, it's called BulgogiSpot for crying out loud!

With that first post finally out of the way, let's get this blog hitting on all cylinders! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment