Thursday, August 28, 2014

First Mensiversary!

I've been busy this last week, but today marks my one month of living in Gwangju already! Wow, how the time flies! Just this day last month, I was getting settled into my apartment and getting shown around the school, my classroom, and getting to meet a few of the students doing summer school. Since then, I had a teacher prep week, taught my first two weeks, and have been doing a lot (A LOT) of planning lessons. It's a bit challenging to teach a combined class of kindergarten with 3rd graders, but it's also kind of fun to stretch my imagination for what would be not too hard for the little ones and not too "kiddy" for the bigger kids.

I did go out to the grocery store tonight to buy some things for a barbecue tomorrow night, which should be a good night. Inadvertently, I bought some donuts, presumably old, discarded Dunkin' Donuts (this grocery store has a Dunkin Donuts inside it). So, maybe I'll have one of those to celebrate my one month of living out here in Korea... I better hit the "Publish" button before my computer dies. I left my charger back in the school office. Good night!

0 comments:

Post a Comment